Dee’s Nursery: Part Deux

Oh, hi.   We totally weren’t expecting you.   Come on in.

You’ve come at a great time.   If you direct your eyes to the bottom right hand corner of the frame, you can see one of the natives making an offering to the beast that lives in her closet.    The beast requires {the organic version of} Cheese Nips, and the natives are always happy to oblige.

Let’s start from the beginning though, shall we?

Upon entering the habitat, if you look to your left you’ll find one of my favorite bits…a shadow box/collage of keepsakes from our wedding, made by the ever-creative and talented Auntie Maegan.    Immediately below it is Dee’s chalkboard from Wall Candy Arts which I snagged on Gilt Groupe.

I knew if we had a girl I would hang a Valley Girl poster in her nursery, so when we found out Dee was a she this print was the first bit of inspiration for the Jerome Russell color scheme.

{That’s the Malm dresser that Scott hacked into a changing table by building a changer top, staining it to match the Crib, and adding an accent bit at the bottom there.}  Pay no mind to the the tiny fingerprints on the mirror…the natives like to put their sticky hands all over it, and rub their spitty faces on it in between diaper changes.

{Clockwise from top left: The Wee Gallery Flash Cards which I had originally purchased to hang on her wall come in handy to distract my wiggly little monster during changes.    The “How To Be a Jewish Mother” book was a thift-store find courtesy of Scott’s best buddy Tom, the Momji Poppet Message Doll was a channukah gift from Auntie Marissa, and her JellyCat (which is actually a dog) watches over her diaper stash.   Thanks to Ellen, all of Dee’s hygiene products are uniformly scented – the lovely Mrs. Meyer’s Baby Blossom, which I’ll never switch from because it smells so sweet and will forever remind me of Dee’s babyhood.   That bunny is actually the hare Brush & Comb Set from Skip Hop, which has a mirror on the bottom and is adorable.  And Auntie Maegan gave Dee that beautiful hand made Cate and Levi sock rabbit for Easter…each one is unique and made to order from reclaimed wool, as are their incredible hand puppets.}

Our house was built in the 60′s, and as a result there are a lot of obsolete built-ins.   Like this one for a prehistoric TV, which we had no idea what to do with.    For a while the 3 Sprout Elephant Bin lived in there, until we spotted the Plan Toys Contemporary Doll House on clearance at The Mini Social and our jokes about turning the cubby into a diorama stopped being jokes {and started getting real…complete with an astroturf lawn.}   I’m still debating on painting the inside of the cubby blue with clouds, but I think that might be overkill.   When she gets big enough to play with the house, we’ll bring it down and put the Elephant Toy Bin back up there…it did fit perfectly.

And look!   I finally took a passable photo of the IGE Birds of a Feather mobile!   (And that beautiful clock is actually hand painted on a record by Kailey Hawthorn, which Emma bought for Dee after I gushed over it HERE.   Miss you Em!)

Okay, that’s it!   Thanks for stopping by!   Don’t let the door {with pink monkey door hangers from HERE} hit you on your butt on your way out!

{Looking for Part I of Dee’s Nursery Tour?   Click HERE!}

17 Responses to Dee’s Nursery: Part Deux

1. Joanna says:

Once again you make me want to abandon my life and come live yours. Only not really because I love my family too much. But seriously, you are way too cool. I’m so glad that I at least have you as a friend.

2. Megan says:

It is seriously too cute. And Valley Girl always makes me think of the Bouncing Souls, “These are our quotes from our favorite 80s movies!”

I am dying to move somewhere we can buy house to decorate and your posts always make me want it THAT MUCH more. I seriously can’t pick a favorite part because it’s all too cute.

Also, is calling her Sweet Dee an Always Sunny nod or just a family nickname?

Thank you! It’s not an It’s Always Sunny nod, but I’m sure it’s because they put it out in the ether…

3. cuteness overload!!!!

4. Jess says:

Love all the shelves and built-ins. It’s an organizers dream. :)

5. Mesina says:

It’s so dreamy!! I LOVE IT!!! xx

6. Emmie Bee says:

This is just out of control. Like, I want to hate you. We have such similar taste but I just don’t make shit happen where you clearly get it done. It looks AMAZING like hands down my favorite nursery out of all of my mom-blog-pals.

Haha – thanks for not hating me Mama (I hope!) and thanks for the compliment – I know I’m in some good company there!

7. Pingback: Tweets that mention Dee’s Nursery: Part Deux | the818.com -- Topsy.com

8. Jess says:

I absolutely, 100%, LOVE IT. :)

9. Uhm, yes. I am going to need you to design this baby’s nursery for me. I can pay you in BBQ sandwiches and a crocheted coffee cozy.

But, seriously? This is one of my favorite kid’s rooms of all time!

(And, for real, if you have any design ideas for a PB&J color palette inspired room, hit me with them.)

10. Amber says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this room! It’s a year and a half in, and we still haven’t finished Alexa’s nursery. Well, it was almost done, and then I started moving furniture around over and over. Sadly she never really used her crib so we’ve held off really finishing till after we take the damn thing down. So sad, it was all modern and pretty **sobs**

I’m so jealous of people that can commit to decorating and actually hang things on the wall. It’s a problem of mine, my walls are pretty naked. Now I wonder how fab the rest of your house is!

Oh, BTW, we have a very similar double closet with a built-in in the middle set up in the nursery. Makes for good storage, but I’m pretty stumped as to what to do with the half shelves/half shoe organizer thing that’s there. Weird :-)

11. Hi there! Clicked through from @linzlovesyou’s Blogher recap and I just have to say this is one of the most adorable nurseries I’ve ever seen. Darling!

12. Alexandra says:

That is one beautiful baby girl’s room. It is just wonderful. I actually loved looking at all the pix.

Honestly, these kinds of posts can be such a bother, but I loved this . My faves were the poster and the hide away dollhouse.

Beayooteefull.

13. Pingback: Labor of Love | the818.com

14. Pingback: Baby Sandy’s Nursery: Inspiration « bebehblog

15. loopslike says:

The little baby looking so nice. I wish If I have a nice baby like this. But I am not still married :D ha!!ha!! alexandra  You said “this may bother” But I think it is not a matter of thing which may bother. Everyone who has normal mind will love this. <a href=”http://www.wantacode.com”>promotional code</a>