I made you a mix tape.

I made this effing nightmare from hell widget for a director I’m currently hoping to woo. But it came out pretty awesome right? And it was HARD to do. So, now it’s a blog post! Happy Hump Day ~ hope you’re somewhere that you can rock out!

26 comments for “I made you a mix tape.

1. Brie
    April 13, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Amaze-balls!!! I love this. You have the best freaking job ever!! Bella and I are gonna rock out when she gets up from her nap.

2. Iva
    April 13, 2011 at 3:52 pm

woohooo!!! :)

3. April 13, 2011 at 4:14 pm

FREAKING AMAZING! I love it!

4. April 13, 2011 at 4:20 pm

good lord this mix is AMAZING. When I hit FALCO I almost fainted from pure happiness. I was wondering why INFORMATION SOCIETY’s “What’s on Your Mind” wasn’t on there but I think it was 1988.

I hope you market this widget. It’s AWESOME. so cool.

5. April 13, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Also, I remember having 2 Live Crew’s “Nasty As They Want To Be” on one of these TDK blank tapes and it was labeled “GUNS N ROSES – APPETITE”

Yeah, I was a total spy and secretive back then.

• Morgan
      April 13, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Ahahahhahahahahahhaahahaha ~ that is the greatest thing ever.

6. Eva
    April 13, 2011 at 4:35 pm

It’s already midnight over here and I’m still working. Never thought this would be the sound track for the night.
    x

7. April 13, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I guess a digi-mixtape is supposed to be as time consuming as making an actual mixtape? (Minus the teensy-tiny writing to fit all the titles on the cassette insert.)

It’s REALLY good. Listening as I work. Oh, the memories.

• Amy
      April 13, 2011 at 9:28 pm

That part about writing out all the titles on the cassette insert – too funny. The writing and decorating was always tricky. Had to be just right, didn’t want to whip out the white out or have to start all over again.

8. April 13, 2011 at 5:27 pm

OMG…I can remember everything about the first time I heard “Bette Davis Eyes”. What a terrific app & such a great mix. Arrrgh! The Stray Cats I was about to hit submit & then….
    I feel like I’m back in high school. OK…here’s my 80’s memory: dancing waaaaay out in Brooklyn, where they filmed Saturday Night Fever, on the crazy light-up dance floor to a Stray Cats cover band called The Zones and drinking kamikazes. Shit! Rick Springfield! Stop it! Roller Skating while wearing a satin jacket (with “roller disco” in glitter on the back)! LMFAO!!!

Love the app! Thanks for the memories!
    ~ Gina

• Amy
      April 13, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I remember dancing at that club with you and Karen. I thought it was so cool dancing on that floor. No clue what I was doing there with you all, don’t think it was on the night of the Stray Cats cover band. Too funny. 867-5309 … lol .. how many times did you call that number. HAHAHAH Love it!

9. April 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm

OK. I was so caught up that I meant to say “widget”, but kept saying “app”.
    *sigh* That’s what all those Kamikazes will do to your brain!

10. April 13, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I second the marketing of said widget. Or make it so people can make their own mix tapes to put on their blogs. This rocks!

• Morgan
      April 13, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Oh, I did not invent this! It’s called MixWidget – go nuts! Share your mix tapes with the world!

11. Liz
    April 13, 2011 at 5:33 pm

AWESOME!

12. April 13, 2011 at 5:40 pm

did you see my john hughes party? complete with outfit ideas, food, & playlist!

• Morgan
      April 14, 2011 at 4:42 pm

No! I gotta come find it! Amazing!

13. April 13, 2011 at 6:22 pm

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I love this and I LOVE that song!

14. April 13, 2011 at 6:25 pm

P.S
    My Techy Computer geek hubby says you should make this an AP and sell it!

• Morgan
      April 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Hahaha – thank you, but I didn’t invent it, I just used the open source to customize it for my own purposes.

15. Megan
    April 13, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Terrific! I love it, pretty much the same as I feel about all your blog posts, though. Esp following up your last blog entry with this – pretty great reading & listening. Go Go Go!

• Morgan
      April 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Thank you so much! Whew! I feel kind of energized from your comment!

16. April 14, 2011 at 4:22 pm

that’s pretty much the soundtrack to my freshman year of high school. so cool. love that widget gadget!

17. April 18, 2011 at 8:24 am

This is an awesome widget congrats!!