I made you a mix tape.

I made this effing nightmare from hell widget for a director I’m currently hoping to woo. But it came out pretty awesome right? And it was HARD to do. So, now it’s a blog post! Happy Hump Day ~ hope you’re somewhere that you can rock out!

26 Responses to I made you a mix tape.

1. Brie says:

Amaze-balls!!! I love this. You have the best freaking job ever!! Bella and I are gonna rock out when she gets up from her nap.

2. Iva says:

woohooo!!! :)

3. Megan says:

FREAKING AMAZING! I love it!

4. The iHubby says:

good lord this mix is AMAZING. When I hit FALCO I almost fainted from pure happiness. I was wondering why INFORMATION SOCIETY’s “What’s on Your Mind” wasn’t on there but I think it was 1988.

I hope you market this widget. It’s AWESOME. so cool.

5. The iHubby says:

Also, I remember having 2 Live Crew’s “Nasty As They Want To Be” on one of these TDK blank tapes and it was labeled “GUNS N ROSES – APPETITE”

Yeah, I was a total spy and secretive back then.

6. Eva says:

It’s already midnight over here and I’m still working. Never thought this would be the sound track for the night.
    x

7. Alex says:

I guess a digi-mixtape is supposed to be as time consuming as making an actual mixtape? (Minus the teensy-tiny writing to fit all the titles on the cassette insert.)

It’s REALLY good. Listening as I work. Oh, the memories.

• Amy says:

That part about writing out all the titles on the cassette insert – too funny. The writing and decorating was always tricky. Had to be just right, didn’t want to whip out the white out or have to start all over again.

8. Gina says:

OMG…I can remember everything about the first time I heard “Bette Davis Eyes”. What a terrific app & such a great mix. Arrrgh! The Stray Cats I was about to hit submit & then….
    I feel like I’m back in high school. OK…here’s my 80’s memory: dancing waaaaay out in Brooklyn, where they filmed Saturday Night Fever, on the crazy light-up dance floor to a Stray Cats cover band called The Zones and drinking kamikazes. Shit! Rick Springfield! Stop it! Roller Skating while wearing a satin jacket (with “roller disco” in glitter on the back)! LMFAO!!!

Love the app! Thanks for the memories!
    ~ Gina

• Amy says:

I remember dancing at that club with you and Karen. I thought it was so cool dancing on that floor. No clue what I was doing there with you all, don’t think it was on the night of the Stray Cats cover band. Too funny. 867-5309 … lol .. how many times did you call that number. HAHAHAH Love it!

9. Gina says:

OK. I was so caught up that I meant to say “widget”, but kept saying “app”.
    *sigh* That’s what all those Kamikazes will do to your brain!

10. Mrs. Wonder says:

I second the marketing of said widget. Or make it so people can make their own mix tapes to put on their blogs. This rocks!

11. Elle Sees says:

did you see my john hughes party? complete with outfit ideas, food, & playlist!

12. Jennifer says:

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I love this and I LOVE that song!

13. Jennifer says:

P.S
    My Techy Computer geek hubby says you should make this an AP and sell it!

Hahaha – thank you, but I didn’t invent it, I just used the open source to customize it for my own purposes.

14. Megan says:

Terrific! I love it, pretty much the same as I feel about all your blog posts, though. Esp following up your last blog entry with this – pretty great reading & listening. Go Go Go!

15. Brooke says:

that’s pretty much the soundtrack to my freshman year of high school. so cool. love that widget gadget!

16. Snap says:

This is an awesome widget congrats!!

17. Pingback: Hanukkah Is My Jam | the818.com