Going Commando

Summer time is fast approaching, and for us hormonal nursing Mamas (am I the only one sweating like a hooker in church?) putting your baby under a nursing cover becomes…well…out of the question really, unless you were hoping for baked baby….which, I mean, although her chubby thighs do look tasty…I’m not.    So my BabyBond nursing cover has been coming in really handy at…y’know…not cooking my baby.

Places I’ve used it:

• At Passover Dinner.
  • At the Van Nuys Courthouse waiting in a two hour line for Dee’s birth certificate.
  • At a Dodger Game.
  • At the Zoo.

I’ve used it tons of other places too, but I think the above four illustrate how comfortable I am using it to nurse in public…and as I have mentioned before, I am really not comfortable nursing in public.   So if you’re looking for a cool (both temperature and looking) way to cover the ladies without covering your baby, might I recommend a BabyBond?   I think I just did.  BLA-DOW.   (What?   Were you not a Martin fan?)

CLICK through to read more, and enter to win a BabyBond nursing cover.

And there’s a segue here.   BabyBond was created by a lovely lady named Missy, who lives in NY and is married to a very brave guy who just happens to be a NYC Firefighter – one of the very same guys who worked so hard and gave so much to save so many on 9/11.   Missy and BabyBond are dedicated to an organization called Friends of Firefighters, which provides confidential services for NY firefighters and their families who are struggling with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.     BabyBond contributes to FoF monthly, and Missy is participating in an upcoming 20 mile run to raise money and awareness for the cause.   To learn more, or to sponsor Missy and support Friends of Firefighters, CLICK HERE.

7 Responses to Going Commando

1. Diana says:

I was a little afraid while the pic was loading. :) But what a neat post and what a cool pic – thanks for posting this. I’m so uncomfortable nursing in public and I wish I wasn’t. I really like these covers. I’m going to go try to win one now.

2. alicia says:

Where were you when I was nursing??
    .-= alicia´s last blog ..Friday Flip Offs! =-.

3. Mesina says:

Oooh that looks awesome! I am planning to breastfeed our new little guy until his 1st birthday – which is what I did with the others. But breastfeeding in public is an entirely different experience in Europe than in the States. Here in the UK you still get folks that stare at you in disbelief, but in places like Holland it’s just so natural that no one blinks an eye.

That said I cover up in public since the British are so freaking stuck up! haha… bless them. But… I have very little shame.

And isn’t she just growing like a weed?!?! LOVE that pic of you two :D
    .-= Mesina´s last blog ..According to my inbox, I’m a freaking billionare =-.

4. I’ll have to keep this in mind for the second child, I probably would have breast fed longer if I was comfortable doing it in public, and that looks like the solution!
    .-= Jess; [The Bottle Chronicles]´s last blog ..To #helpSam =-.

5. amanda says:

I bought one of these because I also couldn’t get into a big flowery tent-like cover. But I cannot get the hang of it. Any tips? It takes too long for me to put it on and get it set up, and switching breasts then becomes out of the question. It also doesn’t seem to work well over winter clothes like sweaters…. ?

Which one do you have? Mine is the couture, so it can be a little complicated to get on properly, but once you get the hang of it, it’s really quite simple. Unfortunately, I don’t really have tips for using it over bulky cold-weather clothes, because I’m in LA, but Missy at Baby Bond (the owner) is always game to help Mom’s figure out how to get going with their cover. Sorry I can’t be more help!

6. amanda says:

No worries! I got the Couture one too…