Dream a little dream.

Star Tribune

Once upon a time, before there was a baby on the way…before the economy took a nose dive…Scott and I had decided that our first home would be one of these beautiful pre-fab creations known as a FlatPak House.    We made our preliminary plans (ours was to be notably smaller than those pictured in this gallery) we got our quote, we started looking at land for sale, we drove up to Sausalito to check out a work-in-progress, and we were in love.   We still are, but you gotta roll with the punches in this life, right?   All things considered, (and damn it…things just kept popping up to consider) we couldn’t in good faith move forward with the plans for our dream house in such uncertain times.   But the dream is alive.   Every so often, I find myself wandering over to Charlie Lazor’s website and clicking through, dreaming of the days when we figured we could just shack up in Mom and Dad’s garage while our little slice of heaven was constructed in it’s Wisconsin factory, trucked out to California, and put together by a crew of  Minnesotans in matching uniforms on the perfect site for our perfect home.    And I look forward to a time when maybe, just maybe our dreams can become reality once again.   Lazor Office has a couple of new homes added to their flickr stream, and looking at some of those beauties reminded me why we fell in love with this particular brand of prefabulousness in the first place.   Enjoy.

10 comments for “Dream a little dream.

1. alex
    August 4, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Charlie & Zelda’s is AMAZING. I want one.

2. August 5, 2009 at 7:27 am

Yeah so…put me down for one of these babies just in time for Christmas yeah? I could use a new house all my own this awesome. What? You don’t know Santa personally…pfft. He still owes me from last year anyway….*rolls eyes*

3. August 5, 2009 at 8:58 am

some pre-fab homes are so amazing! and even semi-affordable. well, at least sometimes.

i used to work for some fucking prick architects. THEIRS were not affordable, but i have to admit that i really liked them.

sigh. hope your dream home becomes a reality soon. and mine too! ;)

4. August 5, 2009 at 9:24 am

Beautiful home – hopefully someday you can make it a reality!! Good luck with your pregnancy, I love the colors in your nursery!! Also – popping by via SITS! ;-)

5. August 5, 2009 at 9:54 am

Oh, I can see why you would dream such a dream. I love houses like that. Hopefully someday the dream will become a reality. :)

6. August 5, 2009 at 1:27 pm

oh my heart hurts. i want i want i want! ha i feel like a petulant two yr old… and i am not above pouting.

somehow, i don’t think it will help. boo.

7. August 10, 2009 at 11:31 pm

This is my dream house too.