Cool or Crazy: My Leopard Jeans (Yes, I Caved.)

Dear Elephant in the Room: Yes, I suck at clothes dieting.  Actually, no.  I don’t suck at it.  I am totally awesome at it, but just like a regular diet I trip up now and again.  That’s just HUMAN.  Like right now — I’m supposed to be dairy/wheat/sugar free, but I still ate pizza and calamari over Martinis last night.  That doesn’t mean I’m not still cleansing today!

Ahem.  As per usual I digress.

[Here's me laughing at myself.  You feel free to laugh too.]

When you lay down rules about not buying anything new until you wear and/or discard everything in your over-packed closet, it doesn’t take long to start editing down.  So far, I’m finding that pretty much everything in my drawers (vs. those items which are hung) are things I never wear and could basically pack up and send to the Salvation Army without a second glance.

FREAKING FINALLY.  After pregnancy, depression, and a 100-lb journey up and down the scale…I’m finally honing in on my grown up personal style.

Shirt: Leyendecker Los Angeles
Jeans: Vanilla Stars for Target
Shoes: Sanuk
Sunglasses: Proof Eyewear
Bag: A Baggu Grocery Sac, which apparently they’re now carrying at the gap.

Also, how cool is this terrarium table garden lamp thing which generates electricity by photosynthesis from designers Biophotovaltaics?  THE FUTURE!

{via Inhabitat}

9 Responses to Cool or Crazy: My Leopard Jeans (Yes, I Caved.)

1. Leslie says:

I just totally cleaned out my closet too, it felt super good to get rid of all that stuff I didn’t wear, and it’s so much easier to get dress now.

2. I bought the Target leopard jeans months ago to wear to a Motley Crue concert, kind of as a joke.  And now I wear them ALL the time.  I’m not kidding.  More than the “designer” jeans.  I love ‘em.  And I always compliments – er, comments – on them.

3. alexandrawrote says:

I got them and within a week or so read Laura had them, too. Then you wrote about them. Great minds think alike :) Love animal prints, just didn’t know I’d find leopard pants so versatile. Kind of like the faux fur vest that I wasn’t sure about for but then wore all winter, these have become a staple. Also love them w red shoes. Perfect.

4. alexandrawrote says:

Also, Baggu at the Gap? Good for them! I started using their bags in 2008. Adore them.

5. FireMom says:

The best thing for cleaning out the closet and drawers? MOVING! Omg. My husband just raised his eyebrow at me when I finished cleaning out what I didn’t want to move and came out of our bedroom with FOUR HUGE GARBAGE BAGS. WHERE DID IT EVEN FIT?! We had a MINIATURE closet and I had one dresser to myself. THAT’S IT. OMG.

So, of course, I may have started re-filling the new closet I have to myself and, well, my drawers need filled up too! heh

As far as your pants go, I can’t rock those — but you sure can. ;)

6. Melaina25 says:

Umm I may or may not have 3+ large suitcases full of clothes I don’t wear but can’t get rid of for unknown reasons. Love the leopard jeans– you should link this up to #WhatIWore Wednesday! http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/what-i-wore-wednesday-mallorca.html

7. the818 says:

@VanillaStarNYC haha – thanks! I’m tempted to go back for the grey – I love them!