Purgeday Thursday
(Yes I’m still calling it that)

Look, life is hard, and sometimes things get complicated and you can’t get your Thursday blog post up on time.   And that’s okay.  You don’t have to go and have a total nervous breakdown about it, because that would be something a crazy person would do.

And YOU, are most CERTAINLY not a crazy person.

So…take a look at that picture.  Your eyes do not deceive you.  What once was THIS, is now ORGANIZED BY EFFING COLOR like I live on Apartment Therapy or something.

Yeah.   I’ll give you a minute.

Clearly, I did not accomplish this myself.

Oh no.  This is the result of a totally different brand of lunacy.

Blog Readers, Meet Jessica.

Jessica has been my beloved since the fourth grade.  We used to tie dye our underwear together and planned to start a corporation called JA’MN inc. (that’s the first and last letter of each of our first names… clever clever little nine year olds were we) which would have an underwear tye-dying arm called THIS END UP while driving around in matching Little Red Corvettes.   Instead, I am a screenwriter who blogs a suspicious amount, and she is a very successful fashion designer.

Shut up Jessica, yes you are.

It also happens that she remains one of my favorite folks in the world after all these years.   And lucky me, she married a really awesome dude, and they are such crazy-ass good people that they’ll come to our house and cook us dinner just so they can see Delilah George before bed.   I mean, really.    {Also, today coincidentally happens to be her birthday, so HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY JESS!}  Anyway, I’ve gotten way off topic, but that’s just sort of how I roll.

So Jessica came over all pumped to clean out my closet and “do outfits”, because she is a lunatic in the best way, and made me try on like, literally every article of clothing I own…which is was an intimidating amount…and then we proceeded to disagree on almost everything and had to play a giant game of Cool or Crazy on Twitter.   Which was hilariously fun and kind of made me want to clean out my closet every weekend.  {I did end up letting go of the silver jacket.}

I’ve had that shirt since High School.   She actually DID let me keep it.

She also made me take out every pair of shoes I own.   This is not all of them, but she powered through the breakdown it looks like she’s about to have.

{expletive deleted}, I hate that {expletive deleted} dog bed.

But in the end…we made some serious headway.    I mean…SERIOUS.   Everything but the Baby and the Credenza got kicked to the curb, and there’s still a bag to the right of frame filled with crap to sell.   Or…try to sell.  I dunno ~ is it worth trying to sell stuff?   Some of it is nice stuff, but that’s a whole other post where Jessica explains why she made me get rid of some of my favorite clothes.

So…how’d you do?  Did you do?  And coming this Thursday…my first post PPD DIY. I think that means something important.  I also gave two pitches in one week a couple of weeks ago.  I didn’t get either of the jobs, because Hollywood hates me, but I’m pretty sure this is some kind of big return to me milestone, as Scott pointed out when he arrived home from work today to find me DIY-ing stuff.

NOW LINK UP, SLUTS! {Do you guys get offended if I call you sluts?  I mean it totally affectionately…}

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

24 comments for “Purgeday Thursday
(Yes I’m still calling it that)

1. April 25, 2011 at 11:11 pm

It looks amazing! And what do you plan to do with the sell-ables? I think I’m too lazy, er, busy for eBay but have a box full of things I keep saying I’ll sell/consign/donate/burn. What would Jessica do? (I think you might have a series here…)

• April 30, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Alex – i will tell you what Jessica would do (since i be the Jessica in question). We all like to think that we will put clothes up on ebay and sell them, and sometimes it happens, but not usually. Here’s what i do instead: I clean my closet out twice a year (once before spring and once before fall), i take the clothes that i no longer want/need/use (however you determine that is an entire post all together) and i sell them to a used clothing store. Here in LA i like WASTELAND the best because they pay the highest. Then, whatever Wasteland does not buy, i take CROSSROADS. Whatever Crossroads does not buy i either donate to goodwill OR i let it sit folded in my garage for the next time i go to sell my clean outs. It’s just an easier way to get these things out of your life and it makes you feel less wasteful and guilty and a little more productive. And that, my friends, is what jessica would do.

Love you Mo’s, you make me look so wise in your post – can’t wait to finish that bitch up! (the closet, of course)

• Morgan
        April 30, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I’m thinking of putting some of the really good stuff on Amazon Stores. But I guess you might try to stop me?

• April 30, 2011 at 5:55 pm

or sell it to me ;)

2. Brie
    April 25, 2011 at 11:52 pm

So, I’m trying to not be a creepy lurker on your blog anymore and when I read this postI thought of the first time we met. I remember this day because it was a huge day and what you were wearing stayed with me. Our H.S. entrance exam. You had on some crazy jeans with huge flowers either drawn on them or iron-ons. That part I can’t recall, but my point is did you keep those pants because they were the bees knees if you ask me. Everything looks very nice. I would be joining the purge party but I did all of my purging in October when we moved. I kind of regret a lot of the stuff I got rid of, but it felt good regarless. Happy Purging!!

• Morgan
      April 27, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Ahh, I love the de-lurkiness. And you. I’m so desperately trying to remember these pants…painted sounds familiar…I think I’ll ask Jessica – she’s bound to remember that. Unfortunately I did not unearth them in the purge… I did unearth the dress I wore to the Frosh Box Social, though.

3. April 26, 2011 at 4:34 am

Hahaha, oh Morgan, you’re hilarious! That is some serious Spring cleaning though, congratulations.. it looks amazing. Must feel amazing to purge all that useless / not flattering / sometimes outdated stuff :)

I’m still on the fence about whether or not it’s worth trying to sell used clothes. I guess it really depends on the pieces. At least you have a good audience to expose them to :) hehehe.

Have a great week!

4. Kathleen
    April 26, 2011 at 5:54 am

Ah, your closet looks amazing! I need a Jessica, is she for rent?

5. April 26, 2011 at 7:44 am

Um, I need a Jessica too! Or an intervention. Both? My issue isn’t so much crazy amounts of clothing (no space in this joint) but not necessarily having the appropriate clothing for particular events. Coupled with being 5 months pregnant, maybe I need to wait on a solution?

• Morgan
      April 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Mmmmm…the pregnancy does throw a bit of a wrench into things…

6. April 26, 2011 at 8:21 am

Great post! Jessica must be a really good friend to do all that for you!! Anything I put outside, my neighbor the packrat takes immediately. She doesn’t need it, but wants it. Easy way to purge.

• Morgan
      April 26, 2011 at 3:10 pm

She’s the best. And my big sister went to the Mirman School – spent tons of time there as a toddler – so your blog topic made me chuckle.

7. April 26, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Now I want to have tie-dyed lace underwear.
    Great job on the closet, ladies!

• Morgan
      April 26, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Dude, got buy some lacies, some rubber bands, and some RIT dye, and you’re halfway there.

8. April 27, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Dude….totally jealous. I want my closet to look that organized.

FYI – “PPD” in the world of psychology means “Paranoid Personality Disorder”… just saying. ; )

• Morgan
      April 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Haha – yes, I actually do know that – my psychiatrist mocks me every time I use the “internet acronym” as he calls it.

9. April 28, 2011 at 5:42 pm

linked up….better late than never, right? ;)

• Morgan
      April 30, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Always!

10. April 30, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I finally did it (purgeday)! And posted about it! :D

11. June 16, 2011 at 6:41 am

I love going through stuff and getting rid of it; somehow makes me feel better. LOL. It’s hard though sometimes!
    Happy SITS day!